To partner or contract with Klein Transportation and
for volume discounts contact
or call 800-451-6700
For large events, an onsite
Transportation Manager is available
Top Safety Tips for Chartering a Motorcoach or School Bus
Remember, choosing a motorcoach tour company is an investment in the SAFETY of your group!
1. Ask how long the company has been in business. A long and good track record is always desirable. It can be an unpleasant experience when your motorcoach is late, does not show up or cannot complete your itinerary. Klein Transportation has provided transportation services since 1957 and still maintain our very first customer to this day.
2. Ask about the company’s DOT safety rating. Verify a company’s safety rating, insurance status and more by obtaining the company’s DOT number and visiting the Department of Transportation website www.safersys.org. It is not safe to charter a vehicle from a company with an unsatisfactory safety rating. Klein Transportation has been endorsed by the Office of the Secretary of Defense and has received the highest possible safety rating of number one. Ask a Klein sales representative for a copy. Safety and customer service are our aim at Klein's.
3. Request a Certificate of Insurance. Your carrier should supply a Certificate of Insurance and add you as additionally insured if necessary. This certificate shows the carrier’s level of insurance and effective policy dates. A minimum of $5 million combined, single-limit liability coverage is required by law. Ask you sales representative and Klein will provide you with immediate proof of insurance.
4. Is the company adhering to the Department of Transportation driver regulations? The DOT limits drivers to 15 hours of continuous service and 10 driving hours preceeding an eight hour rest period. If your itinerary requires more than the limit, ask how the transportation company is going to handle it. Klein Transportation always has a back-up plan. We've been successfully transporting groups for 60 years!
5. Ask for the company’s procedures for on-the-road emergencies. The operator should have access to a nationwide reciprocal maintenance agreement which will assure you of prompt servicing of equipment in all regions of the USA. Klein partners with United Motorcoach Association, American Bus Association, Pennsylvania Bus Association, and Motorcoach Partners with Integrity.
6. Is the company available for inspection? You should inspect the company’s equipment, general offices and garage facilities before signing any contracts or agreements. You can tell a lot about a company just by looking at their equipment and facilities. Klein is open for inspection Monday –Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
7. Is there a driver safety training and drug and alcohol program in place? All legal motorcoach drivers should have a CDL license and carry the endorsements necessary to operate the vehicle. Klein’s drivers are subject to an extensive driver training program and are randomly drug and alcohol tested in addition to their initial pre-employment drug test. Also, all drivers have received background clearances above the legal limit. Both motorcoach and school bus drivers, are required by Klein Transportation to submit to criminal background testing, PA and Federal fingerprinting, and PA Child Abuse clearances.
8. Does this company have its own maintenance facility? Klein Transportation maintains its own maintenance facilities and regularly provides preventative maintenance and inspections to each and every vehicle. Each vehicle is certified in writing to be safe by both a mechanic and your driver before the bus is allowed to leave the garage.
9. Obtain a policy statement and trip confirmation. Receipt of a confirmation with dates, times, departure location and itinerary enables you to approve the services that you have ordered. You should also be provided with a policy form that explains cancellation, weather and payment policies.Klein send a confirmation form and also reconfirms each trip prior to departure.
We are proud that the Klein safety record is one of the best in our area! Verify a company’s safety rating, insurance status, and more by visiting the Department of Transportation website www.safersys.org. Klein Transportation has been endorsed by the Office of the Secretary of Defense and has received the highest possible safety rating of number one.
- Our “on time” performance record is outstanding
- We are fully insured
- Our well maintained vehicles are inspected and sanitized after every trip
- We have emergency services available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week
- You can relax with our professionally trained drivers
- We are experts in the industry –Klein’s family business has been transporting passengers for nearly 60 years
Our staff will also plan your itinerary for a day trip or overnight vacation.
If this is your first time reserving a bus, we make the process Simple, Easy, and FUN!
HALF THE FUN IS GETTING THERE… leave the driving to us
Motorcoaching is fun – NO STRESS from traffic, parking, directions, and running out of gas :) Enjoy the
amenities on the motorcoach along with quality time with family and friends. Motorcoaches are the most fuel efficient mode of transportation using BIO DIESEL to protect our environment.
View our Fleet Amentities
Thank you for your interest in Klein Transportation. We will pick up your group anywhere and take you to any destination! We aim to provide the best transportation service anywhere, any time.
View Klein tours »
REQUEST A QUOTE »